San José del Valle
Of Moslem origin, the village began life as Hisn Tanbul, a
defensive emplacement dependent on Algeciras.
After the Christian conquest, the village and its castle were ceded by Royal Privilege to Jerez de la Frontera. From this point onwards, the population practically disappeared and the AREA was used for cattle farming.
In 1880, Rafael Romero Garcia set up the agricultural settlement of San Jose del Valle, the forbear of the modern village. It became independent from Jerez de la Frontera in 1995.